Nico Archer joined the team this past spring as an Account Manager for Synergema. An experienced Marketing professional, don’t be fooled by Nico’s calm and reassuring demeanor, Nico is a force to be reckoned with!
Here’s what you need to know about this fascinating guy:
What’s your marketing “pet peeve”?
- Limiting one’s thinking – When looking for the right answer or best solution, we start with what we think we can do and not what we would like to be able to do. When we dream big, we create an opportunity to get outside of our box or our own processes and do something extraordinary.
What inspires you?
- Professionally – collaboration; I’m energized by hearing other people’s ideas. I get excited about coming up with something new.
- Personally – The ocean; I grew up sailing & scuba diving…it’s a completely different world and so untamed and unexplored…there’s something humbling yet inspiring about it.
- I’m also inspired and fascinated by different kinds of people – learning about them, I love that we can all be so different, when I approach people with kindness and interest they give the same back.
Food: Salty, Savory or Sweet?
What’s your favorite food?
- Mac & Cheese
When you were a kid what did you want to be when you grew up?
- National Geographic Explorer
What stopped you when you grew up?
- Traveling was never a viable option on an extended basis when mixed within my love for community involvement and service.
What’s your favorite pass time?
- Sailing or painting (all mediums – water color, oil, depends on the subject)
What’s on your Bucket List?
- I actually have a formula for categorizing my bucket list - it goes:
Learn – to fly fish, to fly an airplane
Master – french, archery, piano, guitar
Do – black pearl diving, have a gallery showing, visiting Dollyland (as in Dolly Parton), create a scholarship at my old High School
Who’s the best villain?
- President Snow – Hunger Games
- Hermione Granger (Harry Potter) – she really is the one that saves the day…she’s the unsung hero, truest friend, very complex, very resilient.
What has been one of your biggest “WOW” moments?
- Getting to share my art in a gallery. [Check that off the Bucket List.] It was exciting and petrifying all at once.
What gives you road rage?
- Other people’s road rage.
- Hockey & Football
What social injustice gets you most upset/bothered?
- Crimes against women – Education for women in rural and underdeveloped countries like Nepal. I love the “Like a girl” Campaign that launched during the 2015 Superbowl.
What makes you tick/what gets your engines revved?
- Unknown experiences, people - basically the desire to learn.
What’s your favorite movie?
- The Princess Bride. It’s a campy, modern day Pollyanna with stellar storytelling. The blend of characters is great, it doesn’t take itself too seriously and it tells a story everyone can relate to.
What’s your favorite quote?
- Oooh, that’s a toss up between:
“If you can do it for yourself, why not do it for yourself?” - Elle Woods, Legally Blonde
“It costs an awful lot to look this cheap.” - Dolly Parton
Nico grew up in Southern California – South Bay of Los Angeles, specifically. He currently lives in Spokane, WA.